Lucky for me, I found this amazing opalescent purple girls XXX raincoat at the Salvation Army. It had a few stains on the INSIDE...how perfect is THAT? So I paid a whopping $3 for it, and brought it home. The result was the new "FAB" art smock.
Now, leave it to Ally to wear it over a chicken costume...but the good thing is that you an see what it looks like. It was a simple kids apron pattern, Simplicity pattern 3802 (Which I got on sale at Joann for $1!!).
Just three pieces and some double fold trim. I must admit, I used new trim, not reclaimed. I was too excited to finish it to wait to find just the right one. I also stole the pockets from the front of the raincoat and put them on the front, which was a bit different than the original pattern.
I'll have to have Rob take some better pictures, but if you look closely, it's been used already, and has been christened with some blue paint near the collar. And Ally loves it. Mission Accomplished!